Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saying goodbye

My bestie and her family have moved 5 hours away. There, I said it. Over the years, there have been many times their family "might" have moved. With career changes and the ongoing desire to follow where God may lead, there was always the possibility of my very best friend in the whole entire world not being in my every day life. Now it has happened, and I feel a mixture of great sadness and also deep peace that they are headed straight to the place God has called them. You would have to know their story to full understand this, but since I do, I can say this with confidence. I'm praying that Medford would gratefully receive the immense gift that is the Bury family. And that the Bury family would be blown away with all the blessings that await them there. 

Friendship is a special thing, especially when the husbands are ALSO best friends, the kids are ALSO best friends, and we have literally raised all eight of our combined kids together during the last 10 years. 

I can't say goodbye, so I'll say "see you soon" (which is actually true since we have our annual camping trip planned for August). After that, well I'm just going to have to deal.

Thank you Lord for giving me a friend like no other.


Our favorite: whisky sours
Goodbye pool party at Meredith's

Biggest and Littlest in the crew of eight



The send off kids

The send off ladies

One last bonfire ;)

A last look captured by Beppe

One last tree climb

The adventurers, the two firsborns

U-Haul should really warn people that
their logo can produce tears


Packing up around the campfire

Marin clipped these from the front of their old farmhouse
("just to never forget" her favorite place on earth)
Our AMAZING prayer group, at our own little
"Farewell Sommer"retreat in the spring

Mountains moved in the hearts of these five

My gorgeous and winning friend in Vegas ;)

Broski besties



No comments: