Monday, June 19, 2017

My Nana

My beautiful Nana passed away on April 15th. As one of my kids said, "I'm so glad she gets to be with Jesus on Easter".
My best memories of her when I went there for sleepovers as a child were her reading stories to me that totally captured my imagination, her blueberry pancakes, playing cards for money (she always supplied the money), getting frosties at Wendy's, shopping for back to school clothes (there was this one purple outfit I got that looked just like MC Hammer), and going to the movies.
And there was one time I will never forget when my sister and my cousins were all there for a family gathering. My little cousin Mark told a totally ridiculous joke and it made Nana laugh so hard, she was literally wheezing. I wheeze like her when I laugh too hard too. My sister and I reminded him recently of that super funny moment. To this day it brings the happiest, most hilarious feeling to my heart.
I'm so thankful she is finally at rest after years of illness. Thank you Jesus for giving me such a beautiful and loving Nana.





Our only picture at the memorial!
Time better spent talking with family :)



No comments: