Thursday, June 22, 2017

North Carolina

I love visiting new places! My cousin Mark got married in North Carolina this June, and so I traveled there and spent the weekend celebrating with my parents and our extended family. Sadly (so, so sadly) my sister had to cancel her trip due to some important things going on in their life. It was the right choice to stay home, but we were ALL so so bummed she was not there. I texted her pictures and videos the entire time so she wouldn't be totally left out. I need my sister to help me survive driving in the backseat while my parents drive/navigate with paper maps :) 

There wedding weekend was so amazing! There was a "welcome to town" Friday night dinner, wedding on Saturday at an amazing farm, and then "farewell" brunch on Sunday. A little river walk in between topped off by a dip in the hotel pool. Several hours of alone time on the airplane. Perfection for this busy momma.


Congratulations to my dear cousin and his new bride!










Bride came down "the aisle" on a tractor

The three amigos

Guests did a processional complete with parasols in the hot southern sun

Beautiful wildflowers used for the decor


Plantations and homes built in the 1700's!


River walk

Backseat driving (just use my smart phone, PUH-LEASE!)

B&B used for the Friday event... also built in the 1700's

No comments: