Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday to Madeline

Happy 7th Birthday to my blonde little bombshell of a girl - she is taking this world by storm, and blowing my socks off at every turn. At least once a week I say to Kyle "can you BELIEVE her?!!" as we wonder where our quiet, timid, "new things are not okay with me" child went. And who is this brave new creature in her place? She rides bikes. She swims. She rides horses. She goes down waterslides. She approaches friends in the neighborhood to play. She goes first. She takes charge of her life. She speaks up. But before we get too ahead of ourselves here, she still freaks out at the dentist, and is VERY attached to her silky blue blanket at bedtime (or other times when she's feeling sensitive). I think I'm a tiny bit glad there is still some of the "old" her in there :) All I know is (in addition to giving the best fashion advice in town), she makes my heart swell with love when I kiss her cheek goodnight. I love how unique and special she is. Happy birthday to my sweet darlin!







No comments: