Friday, August 22, 2014

Celebrating Megan

Earlier in June, the women of the family gathered at the Mt Hood cabin to celebrate my niece Megan turning 12. This year was her golden birthday, turning 12 on the 12th of July. She is starting middle school this fall, so her momma thought what a wonderful opportunity it would be to usher her firstborn into young womanhood with a special event. We all wrote letters beforehand to Megan, just encouraging her and exhorting her on growing up, following God, becoming her own person. While at the cabin for our special weekend, we all had alone time to read the letters together, and other chances to share funny middle school stories, and basically just do whatever to give Megan a huge downpour of LOVE at this transition in her life. I personally enjoyed the mix of serious intentionality, and the goofy side of being young (I'm talking about me here, I'm still young). I just love this girl, and am so proud of her and excited to be her special auntie through her entire life! Love you Megs!





No comments: