Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ft Stevens Camping Trip

We took our annual camping trip with the Bury's, this year to Fort Stevens. What a fun place! Not as close to the beach front our normal spot at Nehalem Bay, but still great beach access, and lots of bike paths (now that I have a single biker in the family, this stuff matters to me). It was actually on this camping trip that Madeline's biking skills took off. She and Jewel were biking buddies and did "the loop" a million zillion times together. My girl even crashed at least four times, HARD. But apparently since she is a new person now, she hopped up and kept trucking. Love. I adore camping, even though several situations every hour make me crazy with little kids. Honestly though, each year it gets a little easier! I'm glad we have pushed through the Little Years to instill our love of the outdoors with our kids (now if we could just get going with family hikes and the like)...

So, our camping trip highlights:
- First, Marin took my hand-written packing list and spent at least three hours one afternoon, turning it into an art book, complete with illustrations and computer type. I adore how my kids get a bug to do something, and just make.it.happen. Honestly it was much easier packing from her list, then from my own chicken scratch!
- Second, all four kids napping in the car on the way there (this is outrageous and wonderful)
- Third, all the bike riding
- Fourth, campfires, chopping wood, carving wood, playing in the woods
- Five, outings to the Fort, including adventuring in DANGEROUS territory
- Six, all the beach
- And finally, family memories with our FAVORITE family :)




















No comments: