Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday to our little Marcus Kyle

Ahhhhh milestones... Our precious lastborn son has completed his first year of life! This child... what an undescribable gift. The news of his little life came as a huge surprise... And what a sweet gift he has been... Truly, a joy to each member of our family. One special surprise has been to see what a real Daddy's boy he is. The first babe to totally clamor for his Dad. What a joy to Kyle's heart to see him light up like he does. God knows what we want. He knows what we need. He gifted us this special little person to bless each of us in a million ways.
 
So to celebrate his birthday, of course he got his own box of BIRTHDAY CEREAL!!! At this point, Cheerios was the only cereal he was managing, since he's only had teeth for a few weeks. So we got him Fruity Cheerios to make it special (side note: why on earth does Cheerios have like 36 varieties? I mean really, Cheerios are not that good to require to that many varieties, people. Maybe this is a personal problem I have, but still... Next time you are at the store, check this out and marvel along with me).
 
Marcus had a fun day on our new slip & slide and also got to wear his "It's My Birthday" shirt to church (both gifts from Nana & Poppy).
 
One other fun fact about him is about all his nicknames... I can't restrain myself from creating & re-creating new and strange nicknames for our kids, and I am so obnoxiously relentless in repeating them, pretty soon everyone in my family is using them (some even against their will). So for Marcus, what started as "Babylove" turned into "Babbala", and then because he needed a lot of "Sh Sh Sh"-ing his first few months of life, I started randomly calling him "Shosh", so then it turned into "Babbala Sho Sho"... Now it's "Shosh, Shoshy, Sho"...
 
Also he gets called Tarcus, Sharcus, Farcus (then someone nameless changed that to Fart-kiss which can be used if you really want to be inappropriate). GEEEZ!!!!!
 
I love my family :) And I love this sweet boy who is now ONE YEAR OLD!!
 
 
 

No comments: