Friday, June 7, 2013

Nature's all around

The other day, I hopped in Kyle's car with Marcus to run an errand over the weekend. When I returned home, I was unloading the bags in the driveway when suddenly I stopped and stood very, very still. I was thinking "what is that weird sound"? It was like a loud HUMMMM, but did not sound like a car or machine. I started looking around, kind of tip-toeing around the car. Then I look UP above my head to see about 50 trillion bees swarming in a huge hurricane like pattern. I quickly slammed the car door and ran inside to tell Kyle. Then I realize the baby is still in the car, so I race back out there and snatch his buns out of the carseat and run inside.
 
Kyle goes out to investigate, only to find an enormous, frantic, loud nest being formed in our front yard tree, next to our car. We proceed to look up online what to do about this (because a can-o- RAID aint gonna cut it, people), and find that (living in Oregon, of course) there are many ecofriendly animal loving people who rescue bees in situations like this. I am not joking you... That same day, a very nice man came out and proceeded to remove the bees and hive for FREE, relocating them to a more friendly environment. WOW, what a sight!
 
 
 
Oh and then also discovered in our backyard nature, a little frog :) He was much MUCH cuter and friendlier than that gang of bees. I would have tried to get a picture of him out of the jar, but he was a skittish little fellow and I didn't want him jumping on my face.