Friday, June 7, 2013

Muffins with Moms and the FUN RUN

We had our annual "Muffins with Mom" event, on the same day as the school's jog-a-thon fundraiser... It was such an awesome, beautifully sunny day for special events such as these. I went with the girls before school, and we enjoyed having our breakfast together while we chatted with friends and listened to the live music playing. And then I came back with the boys later in the day, and watched while the girls ran their little hearts out, raising money for their school.
 
I remember last year, watching Marin run, and being really astonished at how HARD she ran, I mean most kids were walking at some point and she just ran so hard. Her face was beet red after running in the warm air for 20 straight minutes. I was so proud. Honestly, this year, I was curious to see how Maddy would do. She is not one to really exert herself, you could say she is more demure and collected :) Her big sis is more likely to go all out, and really go for it. But to my surprise, both girls just went nuts. They both really worked hard, and again HUGE red faces afterwards.A sign of hard work!! I love my hearty girls. They rock my world.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One reason why I love Marin's teacher. For the run, he wore a superman shirt and the most awesome "caped" superman socks I have ever seen. Awesome.

No comments: