Sunday, June 16, 2013

End of the school year

It has been such an awesome school year. Both girls have absolutely LOVED school, and had amazing teachers. Due to the appearance of Marcus this year, I was unable to volunteer in their classrooms, but thankfully my mom has come several times to volunteer, and I have had great communication and relationships with their teachers. I am SO  excited for next year when I can get back in the classroom again!
 
Madeline had a special kindergarten graduation, where they performed a special "frog" performance, showcasing all the many songs and written stories they had memorized. Maddy was able to present to us her own book she wrote & illustrated in her Writer's Workshop. Her teacher Mrs. Jones was just simply amazing, and a very specific answer to my prayers for Madeline's first year of school. She wrote the following in her yearbook: "Dear Madeline, I love teaching you! You are an amazing young lady and student. Always have faith in the path God has set before you as He has GREAT things planned for you. Love always, Mrs. Jones". Awesome.
 
We also got to visit Marin's teacher, Mr. Brosnan, on her last day, and just thank him for all his hard work and enthusiasm while he taught the kids. His humor and positive nature was a perfect fit for Marin, and she grew leaps and bounds this year. It is so important to me that my kids have teachers with strong values who will be strong examples. I am so glad both my girls had such awesome role models!
 
For our end of year gifts, the girls made two batches of Nana's famous coffee cake, and we sent them off to their teachers with some Starbucks coffee and special notes. Nothing says thank-you like "you don't have to make breakfast on your first day of summer vacation"! Hope they felt appreciated and valued, because the Corrigan family is super appreciative of the role they played in our girls' year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our fam at Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, end of year fundraiser:
 
 

 

No comments: