Friday, June 7, 2013

Evening swim classes

We tried something new this spring... Evening swimming lessons! I have avoided this in the past, because I know soon enough we will have sports teams, etc. taking up our evenings, and I fiercely protect that time still for family meals, and togetherness.
 
However I found a timeslot where all three of the older kids could be in a lesson, and it was after dinner / before bedtime... AND it was on days of the week where Kyle has a late work call, which he can take from home. SO, that meant he could be home with the sleeping baby, and I could take the older three and ALSO swim laps myself at the pool. WOO HOO!!! And it gave him a quiet house for his calls :) We just showered and jammied up after the lesson, and the kids were ready for bed as we rolled in the driveway. WIN WIN, I say... It was awesome... the kids loved it, and I loved it... Can't wait for August when we do it again!
 
 
Celebrating our last lesson... popsicles and popcorn!
 

No comments: