Thursday, June 2, 2016

Strawberry picking

I really value being on time. It bugs me to death if I'm late for something, I just am wired this way. However, when it comes to trends and "doing what Portlanders do" I am always fashionably late. Case in point - I lived in Portland for seven years before I ever stepped foot on a light rail Max train. 

Second case in point - berry picking. The entire earth within a 60 mile radius of me has gone berry picking in this region, because Northwest berries are the best, and you can go pick your own fruit at the zillions of farms near my house, for pennies on the dollar compared to buying fruit at the store. But see, I really value my fashionably late personality when it comes to trends, so I just decided to take 10 entire years of living here before I had this experience.

So... Marcus and I, and a handful of school friends went strawberry picking this week. It was fun! And didn't take that long (I also don't have large dreams of picking a truck load), and it was cheap! And GUESS WHAT I DID NEXT?!?!?

(I made jam)

Also something my mother and Kyle's mother did alllllll growing up, and I have not done once in my entire life. Not one time have I jarred, canned, dehydrated a single solitary thing. I would die of starvation if I lived on the Little House in the Prairie. I'm a spoiled city girl!!

So, really I'm just so proud of myself. I made home-made strawberry jam. Go me. I could survive on jam :)

Satisfied with myself





No comments: