Thursday, June 2, 2016

Motherwise & Prayer Group

One of the biggest, most surprising blessing of the last couple years has been my Motherwise bible study at church. I go to soak in the teaching, the fellowship, the coffee, the treats, the encouragement of 8 women who sit at my table. I work to be vulnerable, to allow the experience to be authentic for myself and the other women there. These women are working to do that as well, and as a result we have been able to pray for each other, share our highs and lows, and be a source of edification during these mothering years. I love these women so much! God is doing amazing things, and it makes me so thankful we don't go through life alone.
















The second big, big blessing of my year has been my prayer group. I don't even have a picture of the five of us women! All we do is pray! We are so spiritual (ha ha). But our awesome babysitter Meredith took this photo of most of our wild children (who she manages ON HER OWN, give this woman a medal, this picture is missing like five more kids). We have shared our deepest joys, our deepest hurts, our most ridiculous parenting stories, and our funniest moments with each other. I cannot thank you, Jesus, enough for the gift of my prayer warrior mama's. I think I understand that phrase "prayer warrior" a LOT better, after being in community with these women. Fighting for God's presence and fighting for joy, those are truly the right words to describe praying over each other, and carrying each other when one of us feels weak and depleted. Such a privilege.

No comments: