Thursday, June 2, 2016

Saying yes :)

You know how being a parent means a lot of saying "no"? Kids ask for things all the time, and I recently re-read my favorite blogger's well circulated article about starting the summer off right, and what kinds of things to say YES and NO to - once you have them all at home again.

It was such perfect timing, because my girls have been asking me to get "tips" put on their hair... Basically they want bright colored hair like My Little Pony. Back in my day (back when people walked to school barefoot), it was a really rare, and extreme thing for a child to have purple hair. All I can say is, it's a new world. Colored tips is just a THING, and my girls wanted to experiment.

Well guess what girls... Mom and Dad said YES to that... They each earned this privilege by completing some important tasks, plus they each added some of their own money to the pot, and we made the appointment a few weeks out so they could REALLY mean it when they walk in with natural hair, and walk out like Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie  (I know all the names of My Little Pony characters, be jealous).

So here we go - the sweetest most brightly colored little girls you ever did see!


They were surprised how long foils take :)



No comments: