Saturday, November 21, 2015

Teacher conference & projects

One of my favorite times of the year is teacher conferences. I love being in the classroom volunteering, and I LOVE hearing from the teachers how my kids are doing. Information is powerful to us as parents, and we welcome the good and bad with open ears. I have a passion for public school, and I see it as fertile training ground for my children to grow in mind, body, spirit and soul. So many growing opportunities! I love that our school pushes values that we share, and they are always reminding kids of what is important. Learning matter, but character matters as much (if not more). Also the kids get to walk us around and show us their cool classroom projects, and I always feel startled by the reminder that they have a life away from me. It shouldn't startle me, but it always does :)

Marin - "who I am"


Max - "These are beavers and that's my family"
ha ha, at least we're not ducks!

Max - "Look I'm an Engineer!"
(he made an X)
















Marin's Native American baskets, journals, beads

Madeline's Art

Conference week - no school! time to paint some nails :)

































And hit the Portland Children's Museum!




No comments: