Thursday, November 26, 2015

Hillsboro Turkey Trot

My kids all ran their little turkey legs off at this year's Turkey Trot in Hillsboro.  A few highlights: every single kid ran hard which makes my heart burst with happiness and makes my voice scream with cheers; also Max and Jewel both got 2nd place for their age group (boys & girls got ranked individually); Madeline and Silas gave it their all in the freezing cold air; Marin ran with her Quatama classmates as part of their "Sharpen the Saw" life skill they are learning at school; three year old Marcus ran in the pre-K age group, and even after his heat, he continued to just run laps with all the other ages. I didn't keep count, but I'm guessing he did like at least 6-8 laps. He is like a little motor, he just trudges along and it is the best sight my eyes have ever seen. I love being surprised and delighted at what these kids can do.









    Newspaper article - Max in the red coming in 2nd!
    He's famous now! ;)



No comments: