Thursday, November 26, 2015

Random cuteness

A few random cute things...

- Friends on the front porch (our neighbor Ashlyn is a regular visitor and the kids always have to catch up on the last few days, to see what has happened in their big lives). I love them!!
\


- Marcus had his 3 year check up, and when they tried to do the "eye test" he completely started in with shenanigans. First, the nurse tested his shapes to make sure he knew what to call them (check), then she starts along the eye chart lines asking him to recite (check), then a few shapes in he starts just messing with her. At first I thought "oh wow, maybe he needs glasses!" then we realized he was goofing around and purposefully saying the wrong shapes, then laughing hysterically. The nurse was a professional 3-year-old-handler because she said "OKAY THEN we are done, no eye test for you buddy!"... I guess the eye test is optional at the age of three. My word.

So of course as a reward, we went to Panera for a lunch date.
I am nailing this parenting thing!

- Max makes my heart smile. In kindergarten, they have been celebrating COLORS so each day they wear a certain color of the rainbow. When "pink" day came, the teacher encouraged the boys to find a way to incorporate this color into their day, even if they don't have pink clothes. Max chose to wear a pink breast-cancer-awareness pin. He told his class it was to remember to pray for his doctor, who is currently battling aggressive breast cancer. I'm telling you, this boy and his loving heart, I cannot wait to see how this will continue to unfold down the road of his life.

Word work "I heart heart heart Mom" (swoon!)
- My flash never remembers to work (I never blame myself), but here we are at our fave celebratory spot, the Old Spaghetti Factory, celebrating another Corrigan kid winning a character award at school. Max and Maddie won the "friendship" award last month, and this month Marin was awarded the "honesty and integrity" award for her class. We are so proud of our brave and kind kids, growing in character and learning to overcome adversity.



No comments: