Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Poppy to the rescue

Every time Kyle goes on a long business trip, my sweet in-laws always check in with me, and especially my father-in-law, just to remind me that if the house explodes or something, HE IS HERE FOR ME! Kyle gets this "I can fix any problem" trait  from his Dad, learning from the best. So, he called a couple times during Kyle's trip to Hong Kong, and everything was just dandy.

Then... on the VERY DAY of Kyle's arrival home, when he is traveling through airports all day, I go and do something ridic. Apparently, I have lost my mojo when it comes to driving Portland narrow city streets (honestly I lived in the Seattle U-district for over four years), or perhaps I just forgot that THIS AIN'T THE BURBS, and curbs are weird, streets are narrow, cars do street parking, blah blah blah. Anyhoo.... (this is a pretty exciting blog post so far)... I backed out of a driveway and partially down over a tall curb, and GUESS WHAT??!! This harmless calm motion actually ripped the entire front bumper off my mini-van. WOW!! I have skills!! Okay, so what to do, what to do... Oh yes! Call Poppy, he will fix me (i mean "it"). And so he did, with bungee cables and a cheerful smile, he came to my rescue and helped me limp my sweet broken min-van back to Hillsboro.

Three weeks later, I returned that beastly red SUV-thing I was renting, and got my precious silver vanny-tanny back (Marcus calls it that, see he loves it too).

I'm never hurting you again, baby! Mommy is sorry to be so mean.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I can see Kyle's steam (aka dollar signs) rising on my insurance premium. Just kidding you, Kyle was super sweet about it. But I'm still mad about the whole thing!! Honestly.



No comments: