Thursday, July 30, 2015

Portland Thorns soccer game

GIRL POWERRRRR!!! I took my girls to their very first Portland Thorns professional women's soccer game. I bought my tix a long time ago, but this particular game was magically perfect timing because this match (vs. Seattle Reign) was the FIRST game for all the World Cup champions as they returned from their national victory. Both Portland and Seattle had super-stars on their team, so the entire SOLD OUT stadium (record ticket sales, highest in league history) was on our feet cheering for all the returning World Cup players. It was so awesome, I could have screamed (I did scream).

My girls had tons of fun riding the light rail train down to the stadium, packing it in with the legions of fans, joining in on all the chants, screaming exasperatedly: "oh, COME ON!!" just like their Momma after sketchy calls... It was pretty fun :)

GO THORNS! GO SOCCER! (I'm getting excited to have three kids playing again this fall)





No comments: