Monday, March 25, 2013

Sledding with the (other) Oregon Corrigans

We had a blast going sledding with Drew & Sarah's fam up at Mt Hood! I know we have hijacked the term "Oregon Corrigans" but really, there are a LOT of us in Oregon :) It really isn't fair that we use the phrase. Somebody really should stop me from hogging it. Somebody stop me (name that movie)... But actually don't, because I don't want to stop! :)
 
Anyway, back to sledding... We had a fabulous day at their cabin in Welches, and enjoyed lots of fun cousin time... This was the first real sledding outing (not counting our backyard), and my kids are 100% hooked. There was nothing but "ooh" and "aaah" just driving up there, as we realized they have never driven up to the snow, therefore they could not make sense of these great walls of snow on the shoulders of the freeway :) So awesome!! They were completely giddy, and after the long fabulous day, they all kep repeating "that was the best day of my whole life". Definitely need to do this a ton more next year! Hopefully by then, the baby-child will enjoy the whistling wind a bit more :)
 
Thanks to Auntie Sarah for taking so many great pics... she's the best! She also cooked us a delish meal, including the unexpected winning side dish of... brussel sprouts!! THE MOST DELICIOUS THING EVER. I am not exaggerating, they were SO yummy. We have made them at home since, and I cannot get enough. I don't know how she does it ~ all I know she is an AMAZING cook. Even my foodie hubby agrees she is one of the best cooks we know.
 
Loved loved all the special time we got with one of our favorite families. How can I not love them - after all, they are also OREGON CORRIGANS. Har.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: