Monday, March 25, 2013

Dear Busdriver

Each day when Marin gets home from school, we sit down on the couch with a snack and cuddle. She tells me about her day, the highs and lows. We have about 15 minutes of alone time before the other kids start getting up from rest time. On this particular day, she told me that her low was regarding her busdriver.

Marin: "Mommy, my busdriver had a hard day today"

Me: "Oh that's too bad. What happened?"

Marin (dramatic retelling, big eyes, big gestures): "Well, Mommy. The WHOLE bus was being SO naughty, NOBODY was listening to him. He was getting REALLY frustrated, he even had to stop the bus and say that if the kids didn't be quiet, he would find a REALLY mean busdriver to take his place. He TRIES to be nice, and the kids STILL don't listen. They were SO loud, and I felt SO sad for him. He couldn't even hear, when he had to stop at the train tracks, Mom. HE COULDN'T EVEN LISTEN FOR TRAINS MOM!!"

Me: "Oh dear. Poor busdriver! He is a nice man too, we should pray for him that he would feel better"

Marin: "Yes fine, you pray for him. I am going to write him a card."

Me: "Alrighty then, sounds good. He will like that. What are you going to say?"

Marin: "You'll see. Can I have one of your cards? You can read it at the end."

Me: "Sure, babylove"

So anyway, enough of my writing out scripts... That is hard work :)

Here is her card she made for Busdriver. She said he was very glad and thanked her a few times. I did actually pray for him. It's a hard job, and I pray her sweetness brought him a huge dose of joy that day :)

 


What she wrote:
Dear Busdriver,

I'm sorry that some of the kids on the bus are not listening to you. Thank you for driving our bus. I think you are a sweet busdriver.

By Marin

ps. Maddy wasn't about to be outdone. She also wrote a similar note, but I was not allowed to take a picture :) Both girls got big smiles from their Busdrivers that day!

No comments: