Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloween 2016

Another fun costume year in the books! Can I just say though... my kids are getting older... the "group theme" took a hiatus this year... I was pushing BIG TIME for my four to be different colored M&M's (get it? all their names start with M? they could all be a different plush M?)... Soooo, that reallllly awesome idea should have been used when they were all under the age of 6... but you see, back then I had one chance for Marcus to be Baby Jesus so I have no regrets. And in previous years, they came up with the group ideas themselves (Jesus Christmas, Santa Christmas, Frozen, Star Wars)... I cannot say no to four cute kids who come up TOGETHER with a group theme. This year, we all went our own way (you can go your own way... go your own wayyyyy)

The rundown:
Marin - Cleopatra (complete with eyeliner, which made her entire life worth living)
Maddie - Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter blondie)
Max - Ninja
Marcus - Cow/Spiderman (honestly with the dual costumes every year)
Mommy - Minion
Daddy - Chicken

As you can see, we are the smorgasbord of life. The girls gave me a moment of silence so I could grieve the end of a dream (my M&M's idea)... Maybe they will surprise me as teenagers and all do that one on their own (sure mom, keep dreamin')...

They are the cutest, and we have 5 gallon ziplocs stuffed to the gills with candy now. This is what yoga pants were invented for! :)

Preschool party: Mommy Minion and Marcus Spidey




















Marcus stirring up their preschool "brew"!





















Max the Ninja




















Marcus the Cowie




















Madeline as Luna




















Marin as Cleopatra





















The two really mature parents

Four trick-or-treaters

















Our one carved pumpkin: GO HUSKIES!!!

No comments: