Friday, November 4, 2016

Fun outings

A few fun outings to capture:
- Timbers game: date night!!! Tried out this fun new place that has a french fry bar :) ha ha! all the dipping sauces... Fun game with our favorite team

- Oaks Park: our church held their annual picnic there this year, so I took three of the kids (Max was sick so the parent who dislikes enormous crowds volunteered to stay home with him), and we rode our brains out on all the rides. Okay though, I now despise those "spinny" rides that make me want to puke for the next several hours. I can't believe I got talked into stepping on those hurl-machines. This is where my 10 year old self could do Squirrel Cages at Enchanted Village for 10 straight hours and be riding high, but one ride now just puts me over the edge. Feel sorry for me. Anyway, despite my complaints detailed out here, I can still say how much I adore special outings with my family... I love making fun memories!! The kids had a buh-last!!


Thank heavens for big sisters who chaperone the 4 year
old when they are too short to ride alone ;)



- Family bowling: we were feeling antsy, and needing to get out of the house. Kyle suggested bowling, which turned out to be super fun for the kids. Lights went off with disco lights half way through, so well... it required dancing... And for whatever-the-heck reason, nobody but me apparently knows how to work a camera phone so the picture of Mom is of my bowling shoes (for the love).























Mom's shoes - ha ha!

- Day with the kiddos at the Portland Children's museum... First time EVER that I could somewhat park myself centrally with a book and let the kids self regulate... Actually, something awesome happened... Marin and Marcus were buddied up, and Marin couldn't see me, so she marched the two of them up to the front desk and announced to the guy working that she needed to borrow his phone - then "ring ring" on my cell phone, responsible child calls me to tell me she misplaced me. I was just around the corner ;) But I just about died. So awesome. Basically she did exactly what I've taught her if she ever gets lost. I'm glad to know we have now "tested" this emergency plan. Now to figure out how to test this on the other kids without traumatizing them.






















And she wonders how she loses me ;)





















- The Washington Huskies: are having an AWESOME year (finally)... Kyle and all his brothers met up in Seattle at Husky Stadium for the WA Stanford game... When I was checking the score on my phone, Siri told me "Washington pounded Stanford by a score of 44 to 6 today"... ha ha! so awesome! The kids are I were cheering from home. A couple weeks later, Siri summarized the WA-Oregon game like this "Washington crushed Oregon by a score of 70 to 21"





















"Make the Huskies great again" hats were a big hit :)













No comments: