Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Snakes and how far I've come

We took the family for a visit to the park, the one with lots of nature trails and ponds. Doesn't that sound so fun?? What we did not anticipate IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER was a fancy little den of snakes all along one section of trail. It had to be the best day for Marin, and my worst nightmare. But, see, I am smarter now that I have children. I do not allow my fears to control me, because if I did, these naughty little children would torment me day and night (Madeline is the only one who would care to protect my feelings, let's face it). So I am a cool customer, and just stand aloof off to the side of aforementioned DEN OF SNAKES and let Marin hold the baby snake, pass it around to all the siblings, while Daddy laughs hysterically at my sly attempt to not even care there were dozens and dozens of adult and baby snakes all along this path. I don't even care. I am so cool. I am ice.

So anyway, just to prove it, I took a picture of Marin and the babiest of all snakes. Really, the kids were so happy to have snakes to play with. GUH!!!!



I love how she takes care of him. And his little crack too!

No comments: