Monday, September 7, 2015

Marin/Mom date: at the waterpark

So, I keep mentioning all these dates with our kids. Our goal during this sabbatical summer (in addition to the all-together family time), is for each of the kids to get one overnight with a parent, and one day trip with the other parent. Because their Daddy is so awesome, they all chose him for the overnight trips :) And I got all of them for 1-on-1 day trips... Due to our crazy schedule, all four of their dates with me have landed in the last two weeks of summer. So we are now packing the fun in :) I have been waiting all summer for this!!!!

My first date was with Marin... One thing we both LOVE to do, is swim. And one thing we BOTH love is waterparks. As a mom, I am not getting much water adventure time in my life. There are too many non-swimmers still left in my family, so my time in the water involves keeping people afloat. So, what better date with Marin than for the two of us to hit Wings & Waves (it's a waterpark/air museum combined, in McMinville)... She is a rock star swimmer, and adventurer at heart. I knew this would be the perfect day.

We arrived right at opening, took a short break for lunch, then continued like fish til almost closing time. In case you are wondering, that makes 7 hours in the water. I am telling you my feet still have pruney qualities, and I have never been cleaner in my life ;) I told myself for all these dates, I am going to let the kid lead the way. I am going to be an awesome mom and not whine or be tired, even if I am wiped out and ready for a nap. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN, and Marin and I had the best, most perfect day together EVER. We capped our awesome day with milkshakes and burgers at our fave little spot, the Cruise In Country Diner. Both of us went to bed with huge smiles on our faces, chlorine in our veins, and love in our hearts.

I'm so glad I have Marin as a daughter who gives me so many reasons to have FUN :)










No comments: