Sunday, May 17, 2015

Honoring Kennadi

I had the unique opportunity to facilitate a very special thing. Myself, along with 9 other women had the experience of blessing and honoring an amazing young lady. Kennadi is a special friend of mine, just turned 12 years old with big dreams, an even bigger heart, and I felt God asking me to gather women around her as she "comes of age" to affirm her, speak worth into her life, and give her a chance to hear from each of us why she is special and unique. We did something similar for my niece Megan, which is what planted this idea in my heart for Kennadi. I felt like our time together was a gift to all of us. We all walked away thinking (1) all girls need something like this at this age (2) how much we could have used this as a young girl ourselves. Her mom, Jen, offered the most beautiful words to her daughter during our time together. We all wrote Kennadi letters for a book, and Jen read hers aloud to her, then we all prayed for this girl together. We all cried, including the guest of honor. It was such a beautiful and anointed time of blessing. I know God has amazing and specific things planned for Kennadi's life, and I can't wait to watch it unfold. 

Numbers 6:24-26

“May the LORD bless you and keep you;
 May the LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
May the LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”




















No comments: