Sunday, December 21, 2014

Trying something new

The girls have started ballet at a real studio! We had tried dance a few times, doing summer classes through Parks & Rec. After our last class, the teacher pulled me aside and said both girls showed promise in joining a real dance studio. They have good lines & pay attention to instruction well. I was startled, actually. Having never done dance, I just didn't give it much thought. Plus my two girls are like total opposites But I like trying new things. The tricky part is... you have to sign up for a full year, and they start in September (when we had three soccer teams, 5 days a week). So literally no time for anything else. Anyway, the one studio I have been interested in, posted a notice that they still had a handful of openings in the 6-8 year old ballet class. It's like the clouds parted and the angels sang for us! :) Ha. But I did ask the girls about it, and they were both super excited. So we have been doing it for a couple months, and the girls have even committed to the June recital! Big stuff for this soccer mom :) Here's the funny part... RIIIIIGHT after committing to the recital, Marin tells me "Mom, ballet is okay, but I think I'd rather kick, chop or tackle something. Maybe karate"... My word. She agrees to give ballet a good try, but if I had to guess - she might try martial arts next!



No comments: