Sunday, December 21, 2014

My darlin' Madeline

Madeline Marie has had her own share of sweet moments over the last few months. In many ways, I see her changing a lot lately. Much of her "little girl" personality is being shed, with new strengths, new challenges and just a new day before her. I am learning to embrace what is today, and continue to marvel at each new skill. I love this sweet thing with all my heart.

1. Ice cream date with Nana & Grandpa... they are so good about making quality times with the kids. I love this picture of her with the cone - she is in her happy place right here :)

2. All grown up, and yet... Still occasionally falls asleep during the day, and can't go without that special silky "sissy blanket" (self titled name for her Precious)


3. Being silly. Man, I need to continue cultivation my silly, laughing self... I need these kids to keep me light hearted and joyful, and pictures like this remind me of my purpose in life. Raise these babies with JOY! I sure love that Madeline loves to giggle :)

4. Public speaking - another amazing skill to learn in life - the 2nd graders wrote & illustrated their own fables, and read them aloud to the class in front of students and parents. I know a zillion adults who could not do this!! Some of the kids were so nervous, and yet they all prevailed and presented their work. Maddie said she was nervous, but you could NOT tell. Holding a microphone and all! She astonishes me. (Here is one example of "out with the old shy Babylove, and in with the new confident child").


5. Bike riding - she is continuing to earn more freedom & privileges in riding around the neighborhood, she is now leading her little bro into the big world of street riding, and how to navigate sidewalks, driveways, cars, rules about talking to people, etc. He is quite proficient on his Strider bike, I bet that kid will be the next one on two wheels :)

No comments: