Friday, January 5, 2024

Mexico Mission Trip

Kyle and Max got the opportunity to go build a home for a hardworking, deserving family in Mexico with Homes of Hope. Our church took a crew in November, and (get this)... they built an entire house in two days. The whole trip was only three days!!! What!?!? It's incredible. When we retire, Kyle and I are going to live in Ensenada and do this forever (this is what Kyle told me when they returned, ha!). It was a very special father/son time of serving God, serving people and adventuring in a new and exciting way. Hopefully one of many future chances to get out there and experience the world's beauty and challenges. 

While these two were gone, Marin got a special overnight playing cards with Nana and Poppy (perhaps her last before launching out into the world). I took my blondes out to many different dates, enjoying some places we don't normally go.  A weekend with so many amazing memories.























Max's reflections after the trip, in a letter he sent his supporters

Dear friends and family,

Thank you for helping me visit Mexico! I am so thankful you donated your own money to help me give back in God's name. Some of the things I did in Mexico were build a home (obviously), pray for the family, and give them the keys to their new home. I loved experiencing Mexico and all of the amazing people that live there. The nature and city were just beautiful. Some of the most awesome things we did there were building the house in 3 days, getting to see the finished product, doing the key ceremony and giving the family gifts. I also enjoyed going around town to see the food and culture. Thank you again for helping me experience this!   - Max

No comments: