Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Jury Duty

 I was called to county jury duty, right smack in the middle of our summer. It was a crazy time to be doing such a thing (kids all at home, Covid concerns, etc) but I felt it was the right choice to be open to it. I was put on a domestic assault trial, which was one of the hardest (and best) things I could have spent my energy on. What a difficult, but important part of living in this country - entering into the dark and ugly side of life when a crime has happened, especially something like this in horrendous ways. It's so important to participate in our democracy this way to bring about justice!! A jury of your peers, wow... Nothing quite like it. Anyway, I obviously was not allowed to take pictures of the actual trial, but I did take pictures of all the puzzles we did (there is a lot of waiting around for the jury), the daily lunch trips to the coffee house, and of course the county courthouse. Funny enough, Kyle was ALSO placed on a federal trial this summer, which is very strange for us both to be in this situation in a matter of months! Thankful to be doing our duty! 








No comments: