Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Bestie Birthday

When you have been waiting FOREVER for your best friend to turn 40, you really feel like making it a party. Does anyone remember what I did when I turned 40?! Vegas Baby! And I'm not even that kind of person LOL. But I celebrated big time, and it will forever be an amazing memory with a few close friends from across the nation. But, the pandemic is stupid... It ruins things. Scratch that - it changes things. It might feel like plans are ruined, but really we are just reinventing celebrations like never before. My deepest heart's desire was to do some amazing trip with her like I did, but my family's medical profile was just not making this possible. My bestie did get a couple fun trips in, just not with me. I really had to dig deep to not feel sorry for myself for missing out. Here's what we did instead: approximately two months after the woman turned 40, and I was able to safely gather in a group, my bestie came to Portland and we had the most amazing dinner gathering together in our friend's backyard. We grabbed a quick hike for her short stay in town, and my entire family was mad at me for stealing her away (what can I say, she is well loved by all the Corrigans). Short and sweet, but I will never let "second best" party plans define my feelings about this amazing person, and our amazing friendship. Happy 40th birthday, Sommer!









No comments: