Thursday, November 9, 2017

A little bit of school stuff

The first couple months of school have flown by! I have gotten into most of my kids' classrooms to volunteer (older grades are harder to get in! I'm working on it...) and loved every minute. I love when the teachers post pics of my kids hard at work, and sometimes we catch them hard at work here at home too ;)

The kids never cease to amaze me with their great attitudes about school, overcoming struggles, and working hard to apply themselves and be a blessing to their teachers and friends. School provides so many opportunities for confidence building, and building perseverance. Kids got problems too, yo! But what better way to help them thrive, then to walk them through the hard days, and celebrate the awesome ones.

We've had learning in class, learning at home, field trips, celebratory limo rides to Godfather's Pizza (an award for selling items in the school fundraiser - my chaperone duties brought about a limo ride on my very own birthday), character trait awards and all the little moments in between.

We just had teacher conferences too, and unfortunately had a very sick Marcus at home, so Kyle had to miss out on all the AWESOME reports from every single teacher. I love that each child has at least one thing to work on (growth mindset, baby!), and also heaps of praises from their teachers. Makes our parent hearts proud. Wonderful kids who are working hard. Amazing, committed teachers who give everything they have for these kids. Public school ROCKS!!

Crafting and making slime with the neighbors!
















Look at my school boy!




















Little miss taught herself how to crochet




















He really is so good in class!
He saves his tomfoolery for home :)






















Getting a math lesson from older brother


McTeacher Night fundraiser: Marcus loves our mascot




















He also loves all his girl... friends.... ;)





























Marcus won the character award for his class!
Character awards for October:
Responsibility and Self Management
It also happened to be crazy hat day :)























Let me repeat. The hooligan baby of the family won the
Responsibility and Self Management award.
Defying all "baby of the family" stereotypes.
People of the world, my work here is done! ;)


God's beautiful, strong girls!


Maddie's 5th grade field trip to Sauvie Island












































































My little student working hard!


Marcus' limo ride




Keeping sassing me for pictures, and I'll
smooch you right in front of your friends.
I'm not even messing.
























Limo ride for my birthday! ;)
















Marin: always the trooper about bringing her own food























The principal and I blasted the dance music!




















Max's limo ride


Maddie & Marin's limo ride



While home sick with a fever, he insisted on
being "homeschooled". Ha ha!







































The 6th grader did not want to be homeschooled
while home sick with a fever ;)






















Sick baby wiped himself out with
too many color by number sheets






















And last but not least, school pictures! (everyone chose their own hair do this year)


Marin, 6th




















Madeline, 5th





















Max, 2nd




















Marcus, Kindergarten







No comments: