Friday, September 20, 2013

Wrapping up our summer swimming adventures

I am starting to get the hang of this "4 kid" situation :) One crucial requirement is to jump on activities where multiple kids can participate at the same time... We had a great example of this for swimming lessons. All three older kids were in lessons during the exact same 30 min time slot ~ seriously, JACKPOT!! (aside from getting three wild hyenas showered and herded after the lesson was over... come ON!!!)

Another fun memory from this round of swimming... Marin has been working for three sessions now to pass the "Frog" class. It had quite a bit more requirements for independent swimming, and it just took her awhile to get it. This time she passed, and boy did that feel GREAT! A fun memory for me was gasping in surprise as I watched her DIVE into the deep end and armstroke over to her teacher. She can only do a handful of strokes before she needs assistance, but wow...So of course, because I'm an awesome mom and do not mind obnoxiousness if it means cheering on my kids, I leaned in and said MARIN, THAT WAS AMAZING (which then led to she and I doing our family cheer which goes something like this: "WAY! TO GO! WAY! WAY! TO GO... OH OHHHH!!" (with hand motions)  - while she sits on the side of the pool surrounded by her classmates. I love my life :)

So, a snapshot of the three little swimmers (Max with his shirt on for "modesty"... OH MY WORD SON, you are a boy)...

No comments: