Sunday, December 23, 2012

Swimming with Max & Maddie

This fall, after a failed attempt in the summer to talk Madeline into doing swimming lessons, she announced one day "I'm ready, sign me up"... Tricky girl, waiting until school is in full swing and there are nap schedules to uphold.
 
However, with this sweet-child-o-mine, I know to strike while the iron is hot :) So, I discussed with her kindergarten teacher, and she agreed it would be ok to take her out of school a little early on Mondays so she could squeak into one of the morning lessons.
 
As I was signing her up, I realized because she is still in entry level class, which is for 3-5 year olds, I could also enroll Max in the same class. Those two little snickerdoodles had the time of their lives together ~ learning to be brave, trying new things, and have the comfort of a sibling in the pool.
 
And guess what?!??! This girl who previously would not even put her toe in the pool over the summer actually PASSED the class and is going on to the next level.
 
Like I said, strike while that iron is hot!
 
Max had no fear, but he will be repeating this class again :)
 
 
 

No comments: