Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Camp in the Country

My parents invited the girls to stay a for a week after our trip north, so they could explore the island  and have extended time with them. It was like summer camp in the country! Every day they excitedly told me over the phone about their daily adventure, which included touring several of my parents' friends places (an alpaca farm, a horse ranch), bringing donations to the food bank at church where my mom volunteers, exploring several beaches complete with shell collection & ensuing crafts with driftwood, riding the city bus to meet my sister with her kids at a local park, and much more! Both girls now want to be "farmers" when they grow up, so they can have a garden as big as Nana & Grandpa's... It was SO good for them to have free run of the property, my parents showing them the boundaries of where they could go, and the two of them tearing around with pretty much free reign within those borders. They earned money by weeding the neighbor's yard, and even got to stop off for a visit to see Great-Nana and Papa on the way home. Such amazing memories, and I was delighted to have the break as I get ready for baby #4. Thank you to my wonderful and generous parents for a week my girls will never forget.








No comments: