Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

Due to baby's anticipated arrival, we had to skip our usual plans to be at Camano Island with my fam for 4th of July. It was sad to miss those fun festivities, but thankfully our friends are loads of fun and we had a blast at home! Kyle got a few little things for our kids to blast off at home, then we headed to the Payne's house for a BBQ with a bunch of pals. I tried to get a family picture with all our Independence Day gear on, but the kids noticed a hot-tub at the party, and pleaded desperately to go swimming in their clothes. How could I refuse, I mean I'm a cool mom :) So no group picture, but lots of fun achieved instead. Afterwards we went to the Bury's neighborhood to watch US Marshall Jordan blow off his stash of goodies. Somehow I don't worry much about hands getting blown off (and such) when these two daddies are in charge. Instead I got to cuddle Maddie and Jewel who were playing it cool around these wild fireworky things. Marin can barely stand her life, she gets so excited about stuff like this! Max just loves racing after the older boys because as he likes to say "I'm much big". A great holiday and glad to be close to home this year, just for peace of mind as I wait wait wait for this tiny baby to come :)
















No comments: