Sunday, July 4, 2021

Summer Dayz

We hold all our summer plans loosely. The pandemic, along with a high risk household, continues to keep us in a "TBD" mode as the days roll forward towards the gift of vaccination when Max turns 12. Some days, I really lose my steam. I can't continue to reinvent everything all the time, and I need to let go of my own expectations. I pray daily for energy and inspiration for these days we are in, and let God show me one day at a time how to make memories, and have wisdom for the risks/rewards of all situations. It requires "spiritual strategy"... a phrase someone said recently and now I use it all the time to express what I need, or what I am praying for others. A strategy from God for everyday life, emotions, decision-making, attitude, resting, working and planning. I guess this is just a description of normal daily life with God, but lately it has helped me immensely to know my Creator God is helping with the nitty gritty of everything. Emmanuel, God with us...

So far this summer, we had an inferno heat wave (115 degrees in Portland - yes we fried an egg in that sun), some refreshing time by the icy river, walks in the woods, homemade Bingo game (with prizes!),  naps on the couch, new puzzles, toilet pranks (Mom! Come quick! The toilet is smoking!) precious time with cousins we haven't seen in a very long time, and lots of learning how to be thankful for the little things.

























No comments: