Thursday, April 5, 2018

Marin's first violin recital

Marin started studying violin in January, and to my utter amazement, was informed she would be in the spring recital one month later. And she was! She even played an actual solo along with several ensemble pieces. Her sister was perhaps a bit nervous for her, and was right by her side as she warmed up, happy to hold things for her and be her help. I loved that :) 

I'm so excited for this girl, as she has had a dream to play violin for awhile. One thing I didn't realize going into this, was the amount of "parent participation" when learning with the Suzuki method. That part has been an adjustment, as I am now her personal secretary during her lessons, and am asked to supervise her practicing to correct anything. (That last part is not really happening due to managing three other kids' homework, chores, piano practice and activites. I'm letting her take care of correcting herself. Ha ha! #fourkidslife :) I'm loving the sound of this beautiful new instrument in our house!





No comments: