Friday, September 15, 2017

Happy "half birthday" Marin!

The second of Marin's big "quality time" gifts was her birthday gift of a date to Tree 2 Tree Adventure Park with, once again, BOTH Mom and Dad. The funny, weird thing is considering how long the child had to wait to redeem her gifts, we actually did this trip and Wings & Waves in the same week. Ha ha! Quality time overload! (no such thing for this kid)

We had an awesome time, and even me and my bum wrist made it through this fun ropes course (I wore my brace which made it doable). Marin is so fearless. She insisted we keep going higher and higher in difficulty, all the way to the highest difficulty course (where the guides warned us that even confident people FREAK OUT). She's like running along these ropes, jumping full on through the air with no support, full of confidence that she will land correctly on the other side. So so far up in the air, millions of feet up in the air ;) I mean, you are harnessed in, but somehow this does not do anything to convince your mind to ignore the danger it senses when you are taking these huge leaps and bounds while visually seeing the earth beneath you. Kyle and I both had semi-panic attacks on that last course (and we are both fairly brave with stuff like this), but we powered and breathed through our shakes because OUR GIRL WAS DOING IT. We could not be wimpy parents in this situation! But boy was I glad to be on the solid earth after that last course. PHEW. She makes me brave. So much fun!

The three crazy amigos




Focus!




No comments: