Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sweet and funny things

Time for some random observations...

1. Our preschool... I could write a million reasons why this place is the best, but the other day I noticed something I had overlooked in the bathrooms (and yes I have been in the boy's bathroom MANY times with the newly potty trained Farcus).

So in the girl's bathroom there is a little saying about Mothers... It says "God chose women to give the precious gift of life. To nurture, to love, to show His grace. They are His caretakers of love and joy".

And then in the boy's bathroom another one about Fathers... It says "My Father - His wisdom empowers me, His patience opens my heart, His strength gives me security, His love is forever there".

I just think this is a beautiful and has perfect words of the roles of mothers and fathers in a child's life. I love reading them all over again every morning. (it's more fun than dealing with bathroom Marcus).


2. My sister in law Alyssa recently sent me something from her hubby's baby book. Her hubby is the baby in the family, more than 7 years younger than Kyle. In his baby book, is a typed note from Kyle to their mom (just a few weeks after Brian was born). And it says "Dear Mom, thank you for all the work that you did for Brian. I love him very much. He is the best because he is my brother. Mom, you did a very good job with him. Thanks for taking care of me, too. Your darling son, Kyle" - I WILL DIE RIGHT NOW OF CUTENESS. Kyle always tells me he was born an old man. This note proves that at one time in life (age 7 this time), he was a sweet child with stars in his eyes for his mommy. I LOVE THIS.

3. This leads perfectly right into my next point. Kyle may feel like a crusty old man, but he still has a heart of gold when it comes to his family. Exhibit A: he approaches Madeline the Craft Queen and asks her if she would like him to sew her a purse made from our chicken feed bag. Yes you read that correctly, And there is no universe where she would refuse this. She takes seriously our Oregon mantra of "reduce, reuse recycle". So he pulls out my sewing machine, and discusses design plans with her all weekend, then whips her out a little over the shoulder satchel for her to carry books in. I think he even had to take a trip to the fabric store for a certain kind of thread. HONESTLY!!!!!! She has been using it to bring her Bible to church. I cannot take this ridiculous level of darling. Both of them, it's just too much.

4. Cousin Emma visits again... this time we introduce her to her chicken cousins... First of all CHICKENS, so yes, welcome to Portlandia. Second of all, tiny children chose the names of our chickens, so two of them are named after other animals. There is nothing straight forward about explaining to a little girl that she has chicken cousins named Zebra and Bumblebee. Ha ha ha ha! I love my life.






5. Marcus and his selfies... this kid has quite a life. I always find new treasures on my phone!


No comments: