Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Happy 10th birthday to Marin

Wow, we have been parents for 10 years! My baby doll Marin Elise turned ten years old, and she continues to be the light of my life. She is growing in maturity, sensitivity and beauty. From the inside out. I can tell this year is going to be a good one.

For her celebration this year, she requested a sleepover with three school besties. These sweet girls are a mother's dream for friends. After a hard year of friendship last year, with many challenges to work through, it is so satisfying to see her enter a new and better season. Hard work pays off, and persisting in truth and kindness will always be worth it. Three precious friends, and the Corrigan family's first friend sleepover! We had a BLAST, and Marin helped plan every detail of the weekend.

Some highlights:
- Morning breakfast cereal (Lucky Charms), family gifts, special hairdo to prepare for the party
- Big girl painting project (wisely executed while Marcus was napping, and Dad took the other siblings to the movies... "girls, listen carefully... this is as quiet as this house will ever be this entire weekend" - ha!)
- Playing with the chickens (what can I say, Marin is a country girl! one of her requests was for all her party guests to bring mud boots for the backyard)
- Friend present opening (sweetest gifts, sweetest girls, I know I am gushing)
- Make your own pizza bar
- Ice cream cake from DQ (AGAIN?!?! I didn't make a home-made cake, sniff sniff) - I did promise the birthday girl to surprise her one day soon with a random home made cake, just for fun... I just can't get over not making her a cake.
- Disco ball / light show dance party (NEW DISCO BALL... BEST PURCHASE EVER MADE)
- Sleepover campout in front of the movie screen
- Morning-after crepes (thank you Daddy!) - side note... I love that these girls still love wolfing down delicious food. This age is the best.

All in all, it was a huge success and I loved every single minute with these precious girls. They are each unique and lovely. I love that Marin has each of them as a friend.

Happy Birthday to my sweet darlin'!



Marcus chose this helicopter toy for her :)
I think he plans on stealing it










Birthday girl got a special date with Nana too!



No comments: