Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Brave Max

This boy is such a cool customer. We decided to get tubes put in his ears, to help with the hearing loss he has experienced from fluid build up. Generally, this procedure is so very common and a "no big deal" type of thing. My only cause for concern is that he has some asthma tendencies, and happened to have a cold with some wheezing at the time of his surgery. So... anesthesia and all that becomes tricky. I trusted the doctors to determine his readiness, and they were not concerned. Lots of prayers offered on this matter as well. The nurse offered him an anti-anxiety med, but he was calm and collected and did not want it. He was good with his blue dolphin, and frog blanket that Nana made him. Really, all he cared about was "when will the nurse bring me refreshments?"... :) Proud of my brave boy. Thankful I am blessed with healthy kids. One mom in the waiting room was with her daughter who was there for her 20th surgery, and I sat in awe of my simple problems in life.




No comments: