Friday, October 1, 2010

Field trip to the Apple Farm

Last year, when Marin was in 3 year old preschool, I was not able to go on any of her field trips. I had a 2 year old and a nursing baby at home to look after, and it was just not feasible! This year with the kids being a bit older, I am so excited to go on as many field trips as possible. The first field trip of the school year was Marin's 4 year old class going to Heritage Apple Farm. It was a BLAST! We went on a tractor ride through the orchards, saw the pigs & goats, ran through the hay maze, jumped in the apple-shaped bounce house, and sampled cider & apple slices. It was a beautiful sunny, warm, fall day. Perfect. I came home with a huge bag of Gravenstein's, my absolute favorites. Marin helped me make apple crisp that afternoon while the other kids slept. I am so proud of this girl, how she is growing and changing. Beautiful inside and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so happy for you that you will be able to take these field trips with your girls. Special times and happy that you are able to enjoy it fully :)
Cute pics!
Chelsea