Friday, October 1, 2010

The days are long ~ The years are short

My kids love their friends. They spend a lot of time at our house & in our backyard with their buddies. We love having our friends over, kids and adults. Such a warm feeling it gives me to have people in my home.

It feels strange to me that this season is coming to an end with me at home in my little nest with all my babies & toddlers gathered around, and all my mommy friends with all their babies and toddlers gathered around.  Maybe it's because both girls are in preschool this year, and I'm experiencing being a "school mom". The realization hit me recently that Marin will be starting kindergarten next year, then Maddie one year later, pretty soon I will be a mommy of school-age kids, with all that entails. Instead of the mommy of babies & toddlers. It seemed like this season would go on forever! I wonder why this feeling is sneaking up on me? I think about that true saying about raising young kids: the days are long, the years are short.

I'm so thankful I've been able to be here with my babies these last short (long) years!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics! Adorable!
Chelsea