Friday, December 9, 2016

Las Vegas & turning Foh-Tay

I did it! I turned 40! And I'm still alive to tell about it :) To celebrate this milestone birthday, three of my girlfriends and I, from all corners of the country, came together to have a girls weekend together in the shiny town of Las Vegas. We descended from Oregon, Georgia and Connecticut, for realz... Isn't that amazing? That these special friends of mine would commit time, childcare, hubby blessing, money, energy to make this happen! I still feel so incredibly blessed by these three women, and am so so SO thankful we could spend an entire three day weekend laughing, running around, telling awesome stories, sharing a lot of eye rolls, people watching, touristing, eating, drinking, hair-spraying, accessorizing, penny-slotting, walking fast, walking slow, cackling like chickens about our funny hysterical lives. Believe it or not, we even had some serious moments, sharing our hearts and catching up on 4-6 years of not living on the same coast together. Oh how I enjoyed each and every solitary moment. God's gift to me is for SURE friendship.

Not to be overlooked, is my sweet family, which not only gave their blessing on my weekend away, but did their own special things to celebrate my birthday. Cake and candles, around the table affirmation, and special little cards & notes. Kyle took all the kids to Charming Charlie and they each themselves picked out piece of jewelry for me :) It is quite the collection! Of course, I brought all this with me to Vegas to show off to my fancy friends. As if the trip wasn't enough, Kyle surprised me with a pair of SEASON TICKETS to the Broadway Series in Portland. I have dreamed of having season tix to this for my entire existence. Okay, maybe just since we moved to Portland, but it is a super big treat, and will be the gift that keeps on giving all the way until July! I am over the top excited about this. We also had a nice dinner out after returning from my trip. All around, such a special celebration month.

A beautiful life, with challenges and joys, and I am so thankful to be healthy, alive, present with the people whom I love. Thank you Jesus for keeping me here with so much purpose for my life.

Family cake




Desert sunset







Sommer was the big winner: $30 buckaroos




















The best part of this picture is the person behind me





My heart is so full of love for these friends!


 I won 7 cents in the penny slots!





While the mommies were away, Jordan and Kyle made allllll the fun for the kids. Safari Sam's and a spontaneous sleepovers with our besties.

Safari Sam's

Boys' room

Girls' room

Playing Wii in the Bury attic

Pancake morning


Date night when I returned!
Birthday date night
Foh Tay







No comments: