Monday, January 19, 2015

Little Moments


A few little/big moments with my younger three... 

Max is showing such depth and empathy. His friend Jack with leukemia is nearing the end of his treatments. Max has been praying daily for him to be healed. The other day, we were praying for Jack, and Max said "Holy Spirit heal him! Holy Doctor of Heaven, please heal him!" ... I was laughing and crying at my compassionate & intuitive son. Also still showings signs of being a little little boy... falling asleep sideways on a trip to the store! His tender heart continues to teach me every day.

Madeline Marie got new glasses. She looks so much older!! Very stylish choice, young lady. I love the tortoise shell & mint green front, and flowers on the side. It was kind of sad saying goodbye to the purple rhinestones, they have been the source of many friendly comments over the past two years. Also she is experimenting more with sewing. I showed her basic needle & thread skills, and she often can be found rifling through my fabric scraps and creating something fun. Brainy Smurf, for example, has been transformed into a flower princess queen with hand-made cape, colored with pen drawings. ALSO... one of her new years resolutions was to jump-rope every day! She is awesome. We gotta get our energy out somehow during these winter months!





Little Marcus is still the character - playing dress up with home made knight's armor that Daddy made for Max, and borrowing a friend's viking helmet. Also, putting all other children in this family to shame with his Angry Birds skills (eye roll from here to kingdom come). Thankfully he is not sneaking the tablet and hiding from me in the bathtub anymore, but all this kid needs is 5 minutes to learn a new game. WHAT. Don't get me started on the different screen time reality he is getting from the older kids!!!!! Don't even get me started.



No comments: