Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Big Snow

Wow!!!! We got 10 inches of snow over a 5 day snowbonanza :) This has not happened since, well EVER since we have lived in Oregon. I think every few years we do get a good dumping, but this was far more than normal. Two cancelled days of school, a cancelled business trip for Kyle, a cancelled birthday party, baby shower, church services, Community Group, and much more. But SO FUN!!! I wish I took more pictures of it, but the kids were off playing in the winter wonderland while I kept Marcus inside most of the time. He was not a fan of the cold stuff :) Madeline is denying it now, but she refused to let me take a picture of her in the snow. Snickery. Sometimes the photos do not turn up, and as I have taught my kids "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!" Took my own advice and didn't have a cow about the lack of snow pictures :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As a sweet side note, there was a schedule funeral for our next door neighbor Toni who passed away from cancer. It was looking to be cancelled, since like I said, we had 10 inches of snow, but the family decided instead to hold the memorial at their house. I was able to walk over in my snow boots and attend for our family. It was a gift to hear of a life well lived, and see what it looks like to be well loved. Praying for their sweet family as they move forward without "Mom".
 

No comments: