Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

I love the idea of the Thankful Tree :) People on Pinterest like to make things fancy, but I am not a fancy girl! So... we hunted around outside for some bare tree branches, the girls cut out a large pile of little tags (from lined paper, did I mention we are not fancy) and we got to prepping our hearts for thankfulness. Each person could take a tag anytime they wanted, during November, write the thing they were thankful for (or have someone help them for the little boys), and tie it to our tree. This tree is not a feast for the eyes, but truly a feast for all our hearts as we would read and re-read what the tags said all month long.
 
I decided to record all the tags, because it just meant so much to me! Thankfulness can change your life, yo.
 
Dad: my special & fun family, my job, my family loves the great outdoors, my smokin' hot wife
 
Mom: Max's cuddles, Marin's smile, Marcus' toothy grin, Maria our housecleaner, my husband, my healthy body, sleep, forgiveness, the softness of baby skin, my kids' amazing Daddy, great teachers, Madeline's encouragement,
 
Marin: my friends, my home, Marcus' tricks, my parents, Thanksgiving, nature, my yard, Madeline's love, God & sleep, Marcus' laughing, the world, my precious siblings, Mom's forgiveness, my name, my family, Marcus' screaming, Max's love, my bed, Marcus' love 
 
Madeline: love, sleep, turkey, the tooth fairy, Mom & Dad, Mom, Thanksgiving, Max's love, God's love, God, my bed, Mom's encouragement, my home, my name, Mom's sweetness, Marcus,  forgiveness, Dad's love, God's creation, Mommy's help, singing, the world
 
Max: my home & family, my preschool, my friends, songs about everything
 
Marcus: Dad's lap :)
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
 
 

No comments: