Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

The time has come, a huge milestone - our first child entering kindergarten! She was so excited, and loved her first day. I asked her "tell me all the things you loved", and she listed many, many things. Then she paused, said "Mom there was ONE thing that worried me a little though." I braced myself... then she said "it worries me that you won't let me ride the bus"... ha! Please, I figured I would at least drive her the first week or two, while we got used to everything... but Little Miss had other ideas in mind, so we are officially riding the bus full time (except for preschool days when we have to go pick up Maddie)... she loves it! This is where Mommy has to breathe. My outgoing, self confident, first-born is racing forward into new adventures with no concern! I'm glad she loves it :) Little did she know that I grilled the office staff for every last tiny detail of how she will be getting into her classroom once she gets off the bus, because I can't stomach the idea of her just "figuring it out" as a 5 year old in a new, big school. Thankfully there is a very specific system, and she is going to be just fine :) First time school mommy, loud and proud! :) Go school! I'm loving it.







A little pastry break after kindergarten drop off, and before Maddie's preschool open house.

After school, waiting for Marin to get home on the bus. Max must be calling the officials to find out where she is :)

There she is!! Her bus is here!!


 Next morning ~ waiting to take the bus to school. Racing ahead of the pack at the bus stop, first one on... Excited much? :)


5 comments:

Corrigans said...

Yeah! What a big girl! I'm glad she likes it so much! :) Good job mamma too!

Girl Number 2 said...

I am not surprised that she's so confident. I mean, she comes by it honest, AMIRITE?! These pics are so cute. I got a little choked up and I haven't even met your cute-ums in person.

Girl Number 2 said...

Girl Number 2 = Lanie (btw).

Jessica said...

Go Marin!!! So proud of that girl. I love how much she loves the bus. Thanks for posting! Love.

Jessica said...

Unknown above was me. :)