Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Marin!

My first born is 5 today! Being her momma has made me SO happy. I am living my dream-come-true, married to the man of my dreams and home raising these precious and delightful children. It is amazing what each new stage in a child's life brings, in both challenges and immense joys. I am so proud of this baby girl, she is just amazing. I treasure all her sweetness in my heart. I love you Marin Elise!

For her celebration this year, we kept it simple celebrating with the extended family. This year's cake request was a UNICORN! This is our tradition every year, for each child's birthday, either Kyle or I design and make a cake for their big day. It's not fancy, but it's FUN :) I hope they will have fond memories of all the different cakes we've each done! We had a fun family party on Saturday, with her one request: Pin the Tail on the Donkey :) Ahhh to be 5 again and be thrilled by the little things... Then today, on her actual birthday, we had chocolate Rice Krispies for breakfast (Corrigan family tradition is each birthday kid gets to choose a sugar cereal on their b-day, the ONLY day of the year!), presents, playing with presents, then out to the Spaghetti Factory for her birthday dinner (again her request). It's fun when she gets to decide what our festivities will be, and we can make it happen for her! Again I say OH TO BE 5 and some spaghetti and sugar cereal can make your day! :)

Happy birthday my sweet and precious daughter.






1 comment:

Corrigans said...

Super sweet! Happy Birthday again Marin! We love you!